Enterprise Library 6.0 Released
Enterprise library 6.0 has just been released. This is a major mile stone for the library.
Enterprise library is one of the first (2005) true OSS project developed by MS to the .Net community.
This major release of Enterprise Library contains many compelling new features and updates that will make developers and IT professionals more productive. Two new application blocks are:
- Semantic Logging Application Block.
- Transient Fault Handling Application Block (this application block was previously a part of the Enterprise Library Integration Pack for Windows Azure; in this release it has been generalized and updated to the latest technologies).
Other major new features include:
- New programmatic configuration that doesn’t require a container.
- AsynchronousTraceListenerWrapper for the Logging Application Block, which enables existing listeners to write messages asynchronously.
- JSON formatter for the Logging Application Block.
The new Unity Application Block includes many improvements:
- Registration by convention.
- Support for NetCore (Windows Store apps).
- Resolving objects of type Lazy<T>.
- The Unity assembly is now Security Transparent.
- Support for ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API.
Note, this release of Enterprise Library retired the following application blocks:
- Caching Application Block
- Cryptography Application Block
- Security Application Block