Scala pros and cons
Adi, Andrew, Udi.B, Lior and myself recently had a discussion (via Google Wave) about the pros and cons of Scala. The result is this list:
1. Development time decrease vs. java.
2. Scala is based on JVM vs. other dynamic languages.
3. Java echo system is available for Scala.
4. New design paradigms become available (working with closures, traits)
5. Performance: Scala generate more efficient java code which leads to better runtime performance.
1. Larger syntax to learn
2. More skilled programmers required to use the features of the language.
3. Risk of getting code most(?) programmers will not understand.
4. Still in early adopter phase. May not become the language of the future