Dev-Day at Tikal - Second Round
After listening to all comments for the previous Dev-Day post, we've decided today on the tech meeting on the following points:
- The format for the dev-day will be 1 hour session followed by “hands-on”.
- We will use several technologies which integrates with JVM, but not necessary pure Java language only.
- The work will be with pairs sitting on one laptop – We think that heterogeneous pairs would be great (i.e. one “server” developer and one “client” developer).
- We will concentrate on technologies, rather on business. So we will reuse and enrich the same application on our meeting.
- All team will develop the same application above, and the chosen application will be used for Tikal-Fuse (repository of sample applications). We make use of this repository on our kick-off projects as well as training sessions.
- All artifacts will be saved on source control repository.
- The chosen application is a very simple CRUD application for managing sample applications. An example of such a application can be seen on sample application at ExtJS sample site.
- The first dev-day will concentrate on building the application with technologies Spring/Hibernate on the server and Flex on the client. We can use several binding options, but in my opinion it would be great to use Spring-BlazeDS
- We will use Maven2 as our build mechanism. IDE is free to choose.
- We'll expect start our first dev-day on September.
Any more improvements suggestions/ recommendations are more than welcome...