DevOps Engineer Over 13 years of experience in the field of system administration, managing all sizes of systems, both Front-end and Back-end on Linux / Microsoft operating systems.
- Follow Itai
DevOps engineer @ Intel
As a DevOps engineer in Intel I’m part of a department which is working on smart glasses and an application which manages your day and displays the info on the glasses. My tasks at Intel include:
- Consulting about AWS services
- Writing new pipelines, reviewing and improving Jenkins jobs run times.
- Implementing Ansible and developing chef cookbooks.
- Planning the OS upgrade of a live Mongo cluster without any downtime.
- Going through weekly security reviews and implementing required changes. The technology stack consists of:
- AWS EC2, ECS, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, ElasticCache
- Mongo, Mysql, Postgres
- Linux Ubuntu, Amazon Linux 1/2
- Chef, Ansible, Jenkins
DevOps @ Taptica
- Implemented automatic builds in Jenkins upon commit: pipelines for 3 micro services (Windows and Linux services)
- Reviewed and improved many current builds in Jenkins, shortening runtime greatly.
- Daily system / devops tasks.
DevOps @ PassportCard
- Migrated projects from SVN to a newly created TFS-Git repo.
- Implemented automatic builds upon commits/pull request.
- Wrote Jenkins pipelines for 3 Microsoft builds, including deployment of WebSite applications on IIS.
- Wrote a script which manages database backups, including database changesets backup (LiquiBase).
- Tutored engineering team in working with Git.
DevOps @ FDNA
- Integrated confluence tools with Jenkins - implemented automatic scanning of bitbucket team and auto job building for each branch within each repository upon pull requests/commits + notification straight to Jira’s pull request, as well as sending email and slack notification to the committer while including build results and reason for failure in case of a fail.
- Research for a SSO solution.
- Installation of an AWS OpenVPN server in production environment + documentation.
- Dockerizeing internal services.
- Automatic Jenkins configuration backup to Git.
- System/DevOps daily tasks.
- Migrated many jobs from an old Jenkins server to a new one.
- Wrote a Jenkins shared library.
DevOps @ AngelSense
- Built a full semi-automatic DR solution which allows moving the whole production stack to another AWS region using AWS CloudFormation+EC2+RDS including AutoScaling.
- Configured company main site redirection using S3+CloudFront+Route53+Jenkins.
- Reviewed & improved current jobs in Jenkins.
DevOps @ Moonactive
- Developed a local development environment which consists of 12 dockerized microservices, memcached, redis cluster and redis standalone servers and a node application. In addition, wrote a script which gives developers easy control over the local environment.
- Wrote a shell script which manages RedisLabs backup files in S3 based on some pre-decided logic, in addition to that implemented some lifecycle rules and thus saved the company more than 10k$ in monthly payment to AWS.
- Wrote Python code which parses data from Google Big Query and posts it to Coralogix and SignalFX to notice NOC and developers of deployments and application events.
- Wrote Terraform configuration files to automatically create environments in AWS.
- Extended the company’s Jenkins shared library with some functions, among them a function that gets secrets from AWS Secrets Manager, a function which posts to GitHub API the results of Jenkins builds, etc…
- Improved some existing userdata scripts.
- Wrote cost estimation documents.
- Improved some How-To guides in the company’s Confluence.
- DevOps daily tasks