DevOps Engineer Over 13 years of experience in the field of system administration, managing all sizes of systems, both Front-end and Back-end on Linux / Microsoft operating systems.
- Follow Itai
- DevOps group
- Skill Years of experience
- Skill Years of experience
Senior DevOps Engineer @ Kioxia
The purpose of the project to the customer is upgrading his CI environment to a more managed and backed up solution and to enable security checking for different CI stages. The tasks I’ve handled were:
- Implementation of K8s as the new CI environment infrastructure
- Deployment of Jenkins in k8s with dynamic slave creation based on compute power needs
- Migration of all jobs from Hudson to Jenkin - from freestyle projects to declarative pipelines
- Implementation of security scanning as part of the CI processes
- Installation of a new secured Nexus and uploading all the CI’s artifacts to this new Nexus.
- Implementation of monitoring in the k8s cluster
Senior DevOps Engineer @ Upright
- Wrote Jenkins pipelines for two flows.
- Configured a new private route53 zone.
- Wrote a Jenkins pipeline that creates a staging database instance and populating it with latest data from production.
- Stress-tested company’s k8s cluster and added requests and limits.
- Enabled horizontal pod autoscaling and cluster autoscaler.
- Wrote code and a process to stress-test the company’s API’s.
Senior DevOps Engineer @ Jfrog
- Generated a cloud security report (using ScoutSuite) for the company’s production AWS account, enriched its data and created shell tools to investigate and manage report results automatically.
- One script expects a region and security group and returns a list of resources this security group is attached to and a list of security groups referring to the investigated security group.
- Second script expects a csv file containing regions and security group id’s and deletes each rule in each referring security group that contains the investigated security group id in the source row and finally deletes the investigated security group.
- Wrote a Python script that expects a region name, then it connects to each elasticsearch cluster, identifies the healthy indices and then it downloads each index’s data and uploads it to s3. When this script finishes running it will allow the company to decommission elasticsearch clusters servers costs.
Senior DevOps Engineer @ Tufin
- Implemented automatic node and service discovery using Consul + Ansible.
- Implemented monitoring using Prometheus, exporters, AlertManager, and Grafana while using Consul service discovery. Alerts are sent to Slack.
- Wrote about 25 Ansible roles that automate many processes such as making sure all nodes run the same versions of required tools (java for example), the configuration of NTP, cron, Filebeat, installation of python 2/3 and latest required system packages, etc…
- Wrote an Ansible process which fully automates the configuration of a build machine and a Jenkins slave capable of building the product (for both 32 and 64 bit systems)
- Wrote a script that uses Consul to find all known servers and generates a ~/.ssh/config file to allow developers connection to each one of the servers without supplying a password.
- Wrote a script which finds all branches that haven’t been committed to in the past 6 months, saves them in a MySQL db and sends an email to the committers telling them that their branches are goings to be deleted unless they add them to some white.list while giving them a week to do so, otherwise in the next run of the script, the branches are being deleted.
Senior DevOps Engineer @ Moonactive
- Developed a local development environment which consists of 12 dockerized microservices, memcached, redis cluster and redis standalone servers and a node application. In addition, wrote a script which gives developers easy control over the local environment.
- Wrote a shell script which manages RedisLabs backup files in S3 based on some pre-decided logic, in addition to that implemented some lifecycle rules and thus saved the company more than 10k$ in monthly payment to AWS.
- Wrote Python code which parses data from Google Big Query and posts it to Coralogix and SignalFX to notice NOC and developers of deployments and application events.
- Wrote Terraform configuration files to automatically create environments in AWS.
- Extended the company’s Jenkins shared library with some functions, among them a function that gets secrets from AWS Secrets Manager, a function which posts to GitHub API the results of Jenkins builds, etc…
- Improved some existing userdata scripts.
- Wrote cost estimation documents.
- Improved some How-To guides in the company’s Confluence.
- DevOps daily tasks
DevOps Engineer @ Intel
As a DevOps engineer in Intel I’m part of a department which is working on smart glasses and an application which manages your day and displays the info on the glasses. My tasks at Intel include:
- Consulting about AWS services
- Writing new pipelines, reviewing and improving Jenkins jobs run times.
- Implementing Ansible and developing chef cookbooks.
- Planning the OS upgrade of a live Mongo cluster without any downtime.
- Going through weekly security reviews and implementing required changes. The technology stack consists of:
- AWS EC2, ECS, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, ElasticCache
- Mongo, Mysql, Postgres
- Linux Ubuntu, Amazon Linux 1/2
- Chef, Ansible, Jenkins
Senior DevOps Engineer @ AngelSense
- Built a full semi-automatic DR solution which allows moving the whole production stack to another AWS region using AWS CloudFormation+EC2+RDS including AutoScaling.
- Configured company main site redirection using S3+CloudFront+Route53+Jenkins.
- Reviewed & improved current jobs in Jenkins.
DevOps Engineer @ FDNA
- Integrated confluence tools with Jenkins - implemented automatic scanning of bitbucket team and auto job building for each branch within each repository upon pull requests/commits + notification straight to Jira’s pull request, as well as sending email and slack notification to the committer while including build results and reason for failure in case of a fail.
- Research for a SSO solution.
- Installation of an AWS OpenVPN server in production environment + documentation.
- Dockerizeing internal services.
- Automatic Jenkins configuration backup to Git.
- System/DevOps daily tasks.
- Migrated many jobs from an old Jenkins server to a new one.
- Wrote a Jenkins shared library.
DevOps Engineer @ PassportCard
- Migrated projects from SVN to a newly created TFS-Git repo.
- Implemented automatic builds upon commits/pull request.
- Wrote Jenkins pipelines for 3 Microsoft builds, including deployment of WebSite applications on IIS.
- Wrote a script which manages database backups, including database changesets backup (LiquiBase).
- Tutored engineering team in working with Git.
DevOps Engineer @ Taptica
- Implemented automatic builds in Jenkins upon commit: pipelines for 3 micro services (Windows and Linux services)
- Reviewed and improved many current builds in Jenkins, shortening runtime greatly.
- Daily system / devops tasks.