Over 16 years working on start-ups in the gaming industry and SaaS projects, senior level engineer with vast experience in end-to-end system development.
- Follow Assaf
- JAVA 14
- Spring 8
- jQuery 7
- SQL 10
- JDBC 10
- Tomcat 8
- NoSQL 4
- NodeJS 4
- Hibernate 5
- EJB2/3 5
- MongoDB 4
- Redis 3
- MySQL 5
- AngularJS 2
- Android 3
Tech Lead @ Recongate @ 2016
As a tech lead I was responsible for developing a modern web application with a React/Redux stack, including Server side Micro-services and APIs with NodeJS RabbitMQ and Socket.io.
Participated in building the main application for Demisto Enterprise @ 2016
Demisto Enterprise is a startup that provides a Security Operations Platform that combines intelligent automation and collaboration into a single ChatOps interface The major technologies that I worked with were:
- Rearc + Redux
Help build one of the major services in a multi-service environment for ADP @ 2015
The project started as a monolithic platform application for building business applications and work ows. I took part in the e ort of breaking the application into multiple micro-services and went on to helping develop one of the core services of the platform. The technologies we use include:
- Docker and Swarm to launch and manage the service instances * MongoDB
- Jasmine, Mocha, Selenium
Help to move product from concept to Production Budgetao @ 2014-2015
Budgetao is a startup that develops an IT budget management system. My role was to help the startup go from concept to production. As the project chief architect I was responsible for choosing the technology stack, setting development milestones, data modelling, deployment strategy, and development workflows. The technology stack consists of:
- SailsJS - a full blown application framework based on NodeJS and ExpressJS
- MongoDB - Main persistency
- Redis - Object cache
- AngularJS - Client app
Establish a new server-side infrastructure for Tabtale @ 2014
The goal of the project was to set up a server side support for a large scale mobile games production operation with hundreds of client apps and millions of active users. My role was the Architect of the project and my responsibilities included:
- Architectural design of a service oriented server and administration portal
- Technical design and choosing the technology stack
- Building a team of 3 developers and team leader
- Boiler-plating the projects and environments
- Set up the CI and deployment procedures
The tecnologies we used included:
- Java with Spring 4
- NodeJS with Express
- MongoDB & Redis
- Logstash with Elasticsearch & Kibana
Hands on technical leader @ IDI Ventures @ 2013
led a team of UI engineers, and development of Web-Mobile-Client . Update the development and deployment process of the company’’s CMS. I Creating a scalable and up-to-date system with cutting edge (NodeJS, ExpressJS, AngularJS, Grunt, Jasmine, MongoDB, Redis). and made technology improvement such as:
- Introduced NodeJS server side technologies
- Added code testing and continuos integration
- Added Jenkins managed deployments
- Introduces SCRUM methodology.
Cross-browser mobile client optimization for Amobee @ 2012-2013
Developing JS for Mobile. Fixed and stabilised the mobile web advertisement framework. Including Cross browser (mobile browsers) support for native JS code.
Re-factoring a monolithic application for YouAppi @ 2012
Lead a process to improve the applications scalability and performance. The process included:
- Re-factoring a monolithic application into several service oriented applications.
- Better usage of Redis as an object cache and pub-sub system.
- Converting blocking tasks to asynchronous jobs.