In this post you will configure Traefik to route requests to your backend. You will use Jenkins as an example of how to do a simple URL redirection. Traefik Traefik is a modern HTTP reverse proxy and load balancer made to deploy microservices with ease. Traefik supports multiple backends and...
The main tasks that I have to handle were:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS):
- BI Data lake over AWS.
- Nevada DC to AWS dedicated VPN (Data center cloud extension).
- Networking using VPCs to insure security standards are met (Isolated from the public internet).
- Automate machine and services access (Ansible) by automating AWS Route53 DNS updates.
- Process logs from Production machines using LS.
- Kafka to store data from LS, mainly to avoid LS bottlenecks and data loss, and ship it using LS to AWS.
- Kinesis (Originally) would receive LS and keep it for 2 days. (Later this was changed to LS->Kafka->LS->Kafka->LS->S3).
- EMR Cluster, RDS Cluster (Auto deployment and termination of cluster using AWS API & Jenkins).
- MongoDB replica set to include AWS host, MySQL Replication to AWS instances (Cluster expansion).
- BI Application (Tableau) on AWS with Public access to UI.
- Monitor AWS solution using on prem Zabbix monitoring server (Using Zabbix Proxy).
AWS IAM User management using the Primary AWS account as a source and leveraging AWS IAM Roles to allow users from the primary account to login to the BI-DLP account and manage automation users.
Supply solutions to BI Team needs (some examples):
- Shell script that leverages Python to download xlsx files using a WEBDAV client and converting them to CSV, Uploading to S3.
- Store Zeppelin notebooks to S3 (Configured as a post-deploy script of the EMR cluster).
AWS Primary account management (Cloudfront management, S3, IAM, Cloud Trail, MFA (Multi Factor authentication)).
- Install & Configure Jenkins servers.
- Configure the various tools (Node, Java, Docker, Git, Ansible, etc,.).
- Integrate with #Slack.
- Monitoring (Zabbix & Grafana).
- CI with Jenkins leveraging Shared Libraries (To which I Contributed Code).
- Multi-Branch pipeline jobs.
- Helping R&D Teams by writing Jenkinsfiles (where libraries didn’t cover the use-case).
- Helping R&D Teams by writing Dockerfiles for their builds.
Integrating new services into CI.
- Docker repository.
- NPM repository.
- RPM repository.
- Artifacts repository.
- Support R&D Teams in their development and debugging efforts - Investigate & solve issues with builds.
Git (Integrate with Jenkins, Run initial Git-Pipeline on Ansible merge request (for Ops team) to check Syntax & Role).
- Contribute code to DevOps Ansible Git repository.
- Docker containers deployment.
- Node services deployment.
- Automate Ping Identity’s Ping Federate.
Automate Zabbix & LS during deployments.
- Node & PM2:
- Upgrading PM2 and migrating to use Ecosystem file (Now saved in Git & Updated during deployment).
- Use NVM with PM2 (Fix the various issues regarding to not running as root).
Fix deployment scripts still using Bash (Older builds not transferred to Ansible).
- 24/7 On-Call.
- Montiroing: Zabbix, NewRelic, Pingdom, VictorOps.
- Upgrades (For example: Upgrading Jenkins, Git-Lab, etc,.).
Systems maintenance & Automation.
- RHEL 6/7, CentOS 6/7.
- MongoDB, MySQL (/w MMM).
- GitLab, SVN, GitHub.
- ELK (ElasticSearch w/ plugins for monitoring & usage).
- Kafka, RabbitMQ.
- Artifactory, Sinopia.
- Zabbix, Grafna.
- Citrix LB.
- VMware ESX.
- Open IPA (Manage users, AD Connectivity etc), MS LDAP.
- Jboss, Tomcat, Apache httpd, Nginx.
- POC new tools & technologies (Example: monitoring solution that support ElasticSearch queries natively).
- Investigate & solve issues in the various environments (Dev, Stage, Prod, PCI, SATO).
Wrote a simple Slack chat bot in Python to announce the On Call and Schedule in the company’s main channel.
- Technical documentation (wrote technical guides for the team and R&D).
- Design and implementation of solutions and services.
- Knowledge transfer & sharing with the team and R&D.
- Work with various teams abroad to achieve goals (DC team, Networking Team).